When you choose home-assisted hemodialysis you are choosing freedom.
We begin the process by visiting your home and helping you choose where your dialysis should take place. We’ll help you choose a comfortable area and make sure there is sufficient power to operate the dialysis machine. Should there be an issue with your elecrical outlets that requires servicing before we start your dialysis, we would be happy to provide a list of providers that will be able to assist you. We’ll also add a device to your water faucet to filter water for your machine.
Next, we work out a dialysis schedule with you that fits your needs. You can choose to dialyze Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. You pick the time of day.
There is no patient training necessary with home-assisted hemodialysis. Our licensed, certified nurse will provide complete care from answering your dietary questions to ordering your supplies.
Costs are covered by health insurance, Medicare or you can pay privately. Medicare also helps pay for equipment and supplies.
The benefits of home-assisted hemodialysis include:
- The freedom to determine your dialysis schedule
- One on one time with the same nurse
- No travelling to an in-center location three times a week during a set time
- Easy for patients that have a hard time getting around, travel or have hectic work schedules
- Dialysis in the comfort and privacy of your own home
- Less dietary limitations
- Better quality of life
- Studies have shown that patients who dialyze in their home have fewer hospital stays, better blood pressure control, are less likely to have long-term problems and even a longer lifespan
- Patients say they have more energy, feel less nauseous and sleep better